- A feeling of discomfort or weakness caused by a lack of food, coupled with the desire to eat.
- A communal FREE kitchen.
So, what's the our plan?
- To set up free communal kitchens in the heart of communities suffering from hunger, around the world;
- To bake sustainability into our projects so we give a hand up and not 'just' a handout;
- And to prove to the world that humanity already has what it needs to thrive.
Where have we started?
- In December 2016 we started serving nutritious food daily, at places of education, across Southern Malawi;
- We're currently serving 100,000 meals there a month;
- Zoom in and click on the red pins on the map below to see 360 degree video proof of the actual locations at which we serve:
(we are adding more and more locations to the map every month as our GPS location data and tracking gets better)
what iS IT like to help fight WORLD HUNGER with LANGAR?
Watch where, why and how we do what we do.
The YouTube mini series below shows you our work up close in Southern Malawi and introduces you to the people who really make things happen on the ground.
Episode 001 (5 mins)
GIVING A HAND UP AND NOT 'JUST' A HANDOUT.
Episode 002 (4 mins)
THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS.
Episode 003 (4 mins)
STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.
Episode 004 (3 mins)
THE HIDDEN GEM.
Episode 005 (2 mins)
THE HIDDEN GEM. (Part 2)
Episode 006 (2 mins)
CUS MY DAD DIDN'T GO TO SCHOOL EITHER.
"The world already has what it needs to thrive, yet millions around the world struggle to survive.."
That's why Zero Hunger with Langar exists.
The movement uses Truth, Contentment, Compassion, Humility and Love as universal human values to help fight world hunger with Langar.
We believe these core values can be used to fix any problem our world faces today.